Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Watercolor Painting of a White Hibiscus, the change from a sketch to a painting. "My where abouts"

Watercolor Painting of a White Hibiscus, the change from a sketch to a painting. "My where abouts"

It's  going good, but must admit, still all over the place, have seen all the opportunities that are there for me to take, working on an artist, resume and also my statement. Probably have it ready by the end of this month, can i hear a whot, whot?


  I dream of the day where i can see my works hanged and displayed where many can see it and it will be even better to be able to make enough $$ for my three children, i love what ive been doing online, but relying solely in just it, is not enough, so it is time to move on.





Haven't seen a Hibiscus at least not as large as that one, so thanks to Helga O' for that beautiful picture.  paintmyphoto.ning  Someone asked me what is the difference between a sketch than a painting?,  i think the painting looks more complete.



For this painting:  Layered a simple color palette in to a smaller canvas and then randomly used of colors, going light on the background, it is very difficult to capture the whites in a flower.


Watercolor painting White hibiscus original Photo taken by Helga O'


12 X 16 Watercolor Fluid paper cold press. Close up...

Studied this one for quite sometime, brave enough to do the painting and the final result. I notice the folds where going to be a trip already, so wanted to convey rather than transparency thickness.

Recent paintings...



Marilyn Monroe on Fluid watercolor paper 12 x 16


Watercolor paper on the new Fredericks Canvas paper for Watercolors 16 X 20

No comments:

Post a Comment