Recipe is pretty basic an easy We are using beef chuck cut in squares that will save you some time, except one ingredient that I tend to use in my cooking' an of course some Wine!
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 pounds beef chuck, cut into 2-inch cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, cut into sixths
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 cups cold water, or chicken or beef broth, low-sodium canned
- 6 sprigs parsley
- curry powder
- fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-1/4 pounds medium red potatoes, quartered
- 3 large carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 Big Can crushed tomatoes in basil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Glass of Red Wine Makes the Beef Happy Happy!
- 1/4 cup splash of cooking Marsala wine
- 1 tablespoon of Soy Sauce to seasoned the beef
- Corn on the cob and peas
- Green bananas sliced in 1- inch pieces
- 1 yellow or green Plantain cut in to 1/2 inches
- 1 medium sweet potato
please note: I cook with Sofrito wish is a base for all our cooking specially soups an beans I will give more info on the Recipe on another blog'
1- bunch of cilantroI also use Zafran' or Bija wish are Achiote Annatto beans for color Now don't look down discouraged you can easily substitute this for nice Sazon Goya with Achiote!
If you Have an Dutch Oven or a Crock pot the better' but this could be easily done' in the Stove.
add the Rew (Sofrito) with the meat all together until nicey nice in goes the Wine!
Heat the Dutch Oven w enough Oil to brown the meat wile at it do the seasoning' sauteed the beef uncovered until nice an brown about 8 minutes.
Set the beef a side an start adding the Wet ingredients including the herbs and garlic if you like tide them, they are all happy add the beef in slowly' in with the raw veggies.
re seasoned with Salt an Pepper Place the Dutch Oven in the Oven it takes around 1 1/2 hour
Once the meat and the veggies are tender remove some of the fat out' Add the corn an peas place the oven on cook top for an hour.
If you find the beef has a some what tangy taste because of the tomatoes add some wine vinegar should be fine' just a tab.
Oh an Enjoy show me those Shiny Glasses filled with good old' wine" Cheers!