Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ragu Bolognese my variation from Original Recipe MarioBatali





Any good cook knows whom to follow. In My case is Mario Batali an others whom inspire me must are those that not only cook from the heart an passion but also that knows the Story behind each plate adding knowledge to each plate makes it an vacation on it's own.

I was looking for a simple dish for dinner since we are had a storm  to try an relax  sit down at the table with my family an then walla! Bolognese it is!

I did mine with certain variations than the original recipe wish called for Veal an Pancetta but try to grasp the Essence of the dish in each  ingredient I knew this one could have definitely be better as I was raving for some fresh  Regiano better next time I say!   To, Mario Batali for introducing me to hes world an for making me love pasta the way I do!.

Please Visit foodnetwork for the Original Recipe  Here is My Variation From the Original
  • 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1 carrot, finely, diced
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 1 rib celery, finely diced
  • 1 clove garlic, sliced
  • 1/2 tube tomato paste
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup dry white wine
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Parmesano Regiano already Grated because it was the only one available at the moment.
I Shredded all the veggies toguether to do some what like a puree including the carrots  In a saucepan I heat up Olive Oil an let it cook for around 20 minutes I added the Ground Lean beef an stir everything up at high heat.  I added the fresh tomatoes an tomato paste , milk and wine an let it simmer over low heat. for around 1 hour an a half. Seasoned it witha pinch of Salt an Pepper  an added to the Penne'

tip: Temper The Milk before adding it!  I found that the milk  helps to tone down the acidity of the tomatoes.
Add Hearty Cooking Wine Parmesano Romano in my case I used Italian Red cooking wine*.
This Recipe Mario Batali Ragu Bolognese

No comments:

Post a Comment